Wednesday 15 June 2011

'Sad veiled bride, please be happy...'


My lovely and talented friend Tom, who blogs about books at Tomcat in the Red Room, has had a temporary lapse in his usually stellar judgement and allowed me to write a guest post for him!

I'm reviewing one of my very favourite novels: Richard Yates' incomparable, heartbreaking The Easter Parade, and you can read it here (the review, not the book - although you should read that too).

PS. I shall be awarding one pulled pork sandwich to the first commenter to name that tune in the title of this post. (Please allow time for overseas delivery.)

3 comments:

  1. I know it's over - Jeff Buckley
    Yum yum!
    I've never actually read the Ester Parade, but now I will! Loved your review btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, what a quandary I now find myself in - I was originally looking for the Smiths, but had no idea Jeff Buckley covered it! Aah go on I'll buy you one anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, maybe covers shouldn't count...?

    ReplyDelete