Thursday 28 July 2011

The Importance of Being Nicest (aka: Lessons from Wyld Stallyns)

Amongst the many influences Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure has had on my life - including teaching me that Joan of Arc was not Noah's wife -  the exhortation to 'Be excellent to each other' is by far the most sort-of-profound.

As such, I rival your average finishing school headmistress in my preoccupation with issues of etiquette and manners - my own more than anyone else's, really - and couldn't help but love this highly practical post on how to politely request somebody's help [Jezebel: The Tricky Business of Asking for Work Favours]. As someone whose worst nightmare is being described as 'rude' (and yes, I have actually had nightmares about it), it makes inordinately happy when I discover that other humans care about this kind of thing too. Happy - and polite - days!

No comments:

Post a Comment